This is a tour for curious people who enjoy immersing themselves in the depths of the local culture. We will go by ferry across the bay of Havana, passing through the Christ of Havana, we will visit iconic fortresses of the city and culminating the trip at the Bacura farm on Bacuranao beach to sunbathe and enjoy the beach.
Itinerary 9am to 5pm
● Your hotel or house. Minivan to your bike in Old Havana.
● Plaza del Cristo. Havana’s oldest square.
● Plaza Vieja. Havana’s grandest cobbled square. Pick up bottles of cold (previously boiled) water, & other supplies from our museum style office.
● Plaza de San Francisco. Pigeons & fountains.
● Paseo de Paula. View of the bay.
● Ferryboat across Havana Bay.
● Casablanca. Small historic town.
● Cristo de La Habana. Huge statue of Jesus.
● Missiles crisis museum.
● La Cabaña. Spanish fortress, HQ of Che Guevara.
● El Morro. Iconic lighthouse and fortress.
● Tactical nuclear missile (crisis) facility.
● Panamericana games stadium.
● Cojimar. Ernest Hemingway’s fishing base.
● Alamar swimming pools.
● Via Blanca restaurante for lunch. Cost not included.
● Finca Bacura. Our farm to leave the bikes & pick up cold (discounted) beers & homemade fruit juices.
● Tour in the farm to see exotic tropical plants (optional).
● Playa Bacuranao. Proper tropical sandy beach. To swim. To cool off. To chill out.
● Back to the farm for freshwater shower, homemade snacks & drinks, included free.
● Stay some nights on the farm in a tent or in a recommended private house. But maybe you need a private taxi, or public bus, back to Havana. Not included.